It is also possible to send push automatically using our Push API.
With Push API you can build customizable push-notifications for your users by your server logic. It is fast and easy way to notify your customers about an exciting event or a special in-app offer with personalized messages. Send perfect customized reminders or congratulations at the right moment, and explore the results in your devtodev account.
In the main menu you can see all the stats of push-notifications campaigns you planned and performed.
Press the "Add new push" button to create the push-notifications campaign. Or press the campaign name in the table to see the detailed stats of the campaign.
You can see all the campaign stats on this form.
To estimate the effectiveness of campaign you can calculate clicks / impressions or clicks / sent values.
We also recommend to send push-notifications to different custom user segments, because it will be possible to you to see any stats by the segment later: ARPU, LTV, DAU and any other metrics.
Select Push -> API stats.
Here you can see all the stats of push-notifications sent using API.
Above the chart you can select the application and set the time frame to show the push API stats.
You will see the number of notifications sent and numer of clicks by days.
If you use different tags in API push notifications, below the chart you'll see the table detailed by tags:
Adding push-notifications campaign
There are 7 different steps to add the campaign into the service.
Step1 allows you to add the campaign name. We recommend you to make the campaign name more understandable, because there could be lot of campaigns in the service, and it will be easier for you to find the particular campaign in the table if you have the clearly-defined campaign name.
Step2 allows you to select the application to perform the campaign (in case if you have more than one).
On Step3 you need to select the target audience for your campaign. There could be different variants:
- Everyone. You can use this option if you need to notify every user who has your application on the device with the push-notifications allowed. For example, you can use this option to inform users about some discounts you have.
- Choose segment. You can select a segment from the list of previously added ones. Read more how to create the user segments. For example, you have previously created the segment of paying users from France who have frequent entries. And you can send some special information to them.
- New segment. If you have not created the special user segment for the campaign before, you can make it right here.
If you select the "Choose segment" on the Step3, you will have to select the segment on Step4.
If you select the "New segment" on the Step3, you will have to create the segment on Step4.
You can constraint the set of users by following parameters:
- Install date (press "Edit" and select the install dates interval);
- Last visited date (press "Edit" and select either the number of days since the last visit or the dates interval);
- Monetization (press "Edit" and select all users, paying users or non-paying users);
- Usage (press "Edit" and select Rare, Regular or Frequent usage; pay your attention that you can manually change the intervals by moving the blue circles up and down);
- Channels (press "Edit" and select the traffic sources if you have some);
- Countries (press "Edit" and select the countries from the list);
- Languages (press "Edit" and select the languages from the list);
- Devices (press "Edit" and select the devices from the list);
- App versions (press "Edit" and select the versions from the list);
- Custom events.
- Any custom parameters which can be added by client to the separate user.
To add the constraints by Custom events:
1. Select the dates interval, exact or relative time. Only the users who performed / did not perform event(s) during the selected period will be chosen.
2. For each event here you can set whether is was performed by user or not.
If you need to select users who performed the selected event, set "Is", if you need to select users who did not perform it during the selected period, set "Is not".
3. You can select the event from the list (if you have integrated some custom events).
4. You can add the constraints by specific parameter of the event. Select the parameter name from the list and then add the constraint to its value.
5. You can combine several events using logical operations. Select "Or" or "And" between the events. "Or" means disjunction, "And" meand conjunction.
6. You can add the logical brackets in your logical operations. Press "Joined" between the events to add the logical brackets.
7. You can add either the rule or group of rules at one time.
Step5 is the main step in the chain. Here you need to add the notification text of the campaign.
It differs from platform to platform, so you can choose your platform to read more about creating push notifications for it:
And also we think it might be useful for you to read the table with button templates to use them in your notifications.
Step6 is preliminary testing.
You can test the view of push notification on the test devices before finishing the campaign creation. If you don't need to test your campaign, this step can be skipped.
You can send the notification either to all test devices of the application ("Test devices" list in the application settings) or to the selected ones.
To send the test notifications on the selected test devices you need to set up to 10 device IDs (devtodev UDID, IDFA or Advertise ID) and use comma as a separator. The device IDs can be found in the application settings (SDK logs -> UDIDs).
Press the "Find devices" button. If the search is successfull and push tokens from the devices are found, you can make the test sending. Press the "Send test notification" button.
On Step7 you can schedule the time of campaign.
- You can press "Send now", and the notification will be sent 5 minutes after creation.
- You can select "Send according to user's timezone". In this case you'll have to set the date and time of sending, and each user will receive the notifications in this date and time according to his/her timezone.
- And when you select the "Send simultaneously" option, the notifications will be sent to all the users in one time (the time you set).
Step8 is just for the confirmation. Read the form carefully to make sure everything is correct. And then press "Activate" to launch the campaign (or press the "Draft" to launch it some day in the future).