What is cross-platform analytics?
If your project works on different platforms (say, on iOS, Android and web), and it is important to synchronize the user/player progress regardless of the platform, then you have the cross-platform project. And devtodev can provide you with the set of analytic reports designed specially for cross-platform projects.
Cross-platform projects are very popular in every genre: games (Hearthstone, Minecraft etc.), social networks (Instagram, Facebook etc.), services (Booking, Uber) and so on.
How can I integrate the cross-platform project to devtodev?
Cross-platform project consists of different applications working on different platforms but the user progress is synchronized between all these applications.
To integrate your project to the cross-platform analytics you need first to integrate the SDK to every application of the cross-platform project.
Attention! The version of SDK should be not earlier than
- iOS 1.6
- Android 1.6
- Windows Phone 1.2
- Web 1.2
If the application you integrate SDK in is a part of cross-platform project, then the user data initialization is required.
Since the analytics of cross-platform projects is based on an unique user (unlike the usual projects where it is based on device identifiers), you have to:
- Set the unique cross-platform user identifier (it will be used for cross-platform project data collection).
- Actualize the user data. Mostly it is about game applications where the player has a game level as a characteristic. For such projects we recommend you to set the current player level.
If your cross-platform application supposes to be used without cross-platform authorization, don't use the setUserID method or use the empty string ("") as the user identifier . SDK will assign the unique identifier to user. This identifier will we used until the real cross-platform identifier assigns to the user.
There are some terms you need to observe before creating the cross-platform project in devtodev interface:
- You need to integrate at least 2 different SDKs for different applications (which are the parts of cross-platform project).
- SDK versions should support the cross-platform functionality (see the versions of SDK above).
- Your SDKs should work not in test mode.
- The cross-platform project should not be the part of some other cross-platform projects.
If your project meets all the requirements, you can add the cross-platform project to devtodev. The algorithm is the following:
- Check that all the applications are ready to be added.
- Press the "Add new app" and select the "Cross-platform project" element on the right.
- After the system check all the application SDKs, you can add the applications to the cross-platform projects.
- Please double check the applications added, otherwise it can influence negatively on the accuracy of reports.
- Set the name of cross-platform project and upload the picture for it (optionally).
- Press "Finish" to confirm the creation of cross-platform project.
- Now you can see the cross-platform project and its applications in "My Apps".
Where can I find the cross-platform reports?
Press "My Apps" and find the cross-platform project you need to analyze.
Here you can see the same reports as in Daily Trends report for single platform projects, but there are some useful cross-platform novelties:
- Gross is divided by single platform and multi-platform users.
- Gross is also divided by platforms.
Usage & Monetization
- You can see all the metric values not only for the whole set of users but also for single platform and multi-platform users (the users who use more than one platform). To do this, press the "All users" button above the report and select the segment you need.
- You can separate registered users from non-registered ones. It is useful for those services which are possible to use without registration. Find the lower part of report and select the "Registration" worksheet.
- You can separate single platform users from multi-platform ones. Find the lower part of report and select the "Cross-activity" worksheet.
- You can separate the users by platform. Find the lower part of report and select the "Platform" worksheet.
Please note that Usage & Monetization reports start working one day after creation the cross-platform project. If you want to check it earlier, you will see the error message.